Squirrel wars

We love birds (well, the cute ones really). We enjoy feeding them and watching them. We encourage them to visit our backyard, but those squirrels! What hogs! We don't wanna hurt the critters, just keep them off of our bird feeders. This blog describes some of our experiences in squirrel proofing our backyard. Not necessarily in chronological order.

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Funny, I never thought I'd miss a squirrel. But, there are no blonde squirrels this year. Not a one. No morphs. Nothing. Guess the blonde has been simply bred out of them.

Too bad. It was kinda neat having them around. They were so rare, it was a treat. I found myself rooting for the blondies to be top dog around the feeder. Alpha male. Whatever you call the aggressive squirrels. I wanted it to be a blonde one, but it never was. They always seemed to be the ones chased off by the bigger, darker, regular squirrels and not the other way around.

I feel like we've lost something. No, never thought I'd miss a squirrel.